Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Cordon Bleu

I don't often post what we're having for dinner on Facebook.  Who really cares what Drew and I eat?  The only time I do is when I'm extra proud of something I've made.

Monday was one of those days.

I recently made the happy discovery that one of the blogs I admire has a recipe sub-blog (cue the Hallelujah Chorus).  I'm always looking for new recipes to try and I have trouble with the ones in books that don't include pictures.  Not sure why.

Anyway, I am a huge fan of chicken cordon bleu.  I made it so much the first year of my marriage that Drew had to ask me to stop.  Later he admitted that it wasn't one of his favorites... so I literally haven't made it in over a year.  I started craving it a few weeks ago and made up my mind to make it, no matter what Drew said.

Fortunately, I came across a downright scrumptious-looking recipe for it at Kevin & Amanda.  I was so excited to try it... and I'm ecstatic to say that it turned out very well.  I mean, just look at this picture!  (Mine was a little more browned, but still tasted yummy!)

kevinandamanda.com
I paired it with mashed potatoes--another amazing recipe I found via Amanda, although it's from The Pioneer Woman (I halved it and still have half the recipe in the fridge).  They, also, turned out perfectly.  I had been planning on baking some asparagus with it, but when I pulled them out of the fridge, they had a little mold on them.  -tears-  Oh, well.  It was filling enough.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this dinner was one of my bests.  Drew loved it.  It was the first time he spoke so highly of chicken cordon bleu, haha.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...