Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lemon Chicken

Last night, I adventured in the kitchen.  This isn't really something I have done often in the past.  I am definitely the kind of person who gets stuck in a rut, preparing the same things over and over again... probably because I like eating the same stuff over and over again.

Seriously, I could eat a turkey sandwich every day for lunch.  Once, I even ate it for lunch and dinner.  Sad.

Anyway, my poor husband has suffered patiently the past three-and-a-half years.  (Although don't let him fool you that it's all my fault.  Our first year of marriage, he was hesitant to try anything new, which I think is part of the problem!)

No longer!  I've been collecting new recipes and trying them out (starting with desserts), thanks to my newfound love, Pinterest. :)

Last night, I tried this recipe for lemon chicken.  I knew it would be good, as Jeanene claimed it's one of her "most requested recipes," but I was completely unprepared for just how scrumptious it was!


Look at this insane goodness... just waiting for me to get my fork in there and shred it!  After tasting the first bite, I said aloud:  "Oh. My. Goodness."  Pretty sure that Gabriel looked at me funny, talking to myself.

But seriously... SO GOOD!  The chicken was so buttery, but not too heavy, thanks to the light lemony flavor.  Plus, it literally melted in your mouth!  Ahhhh...


I paired it with brown rice and green beans.  I think it would have gone better with some toasty French bread, but alas, I didn't have any.

Best part?  Both of my boys loved it.  Gabriel practically inhaled half a chicken breast... without ketchup! And I have leftovers! (Although I had to keep Drew's fingers out of the tupperware I put it in... ha!)



And after dinner, Drew said:  "I think that's one of the best meals you've ever made."

Yeah.  I was happy. :) Needless to say, there will be plenty more kitchen adventures coming up on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...