Sunday, August 14, 2011

Clean Canvas

Yesterday, we moved into our new apartment.  It's adorable!

Upsides:  two stories, three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, and an amazing view of our resort-style pool.  Downsides:  teeny kitchen, small master bedroom, no laundry room (washer and dryer are in the kitchen).

I'll post pictures once I get everything put away.  The unpackers took everything out of boxes, so there is literally stuff everywhere.

I'm super excited to start organizing and decorating.  I've been compiling decor ideas for a few weeks now.  It's sad -- Drew and I have been married for over three years now, and the most decorating I've ever done is buy a bedspread, hang pictures, and try to find knick-knacks for our entertainment center.

Well, I'm definitely going to make up for it now!  I like to think of it as a fresh start on a clean canvas. :)

I'm finally gave in and joined Pinterest to keep my ideas organized.  So far I've loved it!  It hasn't hurt that the people I follow like to pin pictures of scrumptious desserts, complete with recipes.  Unfortunately, I doubt my midwife will agree.  Whatever.  I'm pregnant, I crave sugar.  Let's conveniently ignore the fact that I tend to crave it even when not pregnant. :p

Anyway.  Pinterest.  It's been really helpful having all my ideas in one place.  I've also subscribed to some home decor catalogues, just for the ideas.  I can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. love this! I cannot WAIT to see pictures.

    should I do Pinterest?! I've heard about it but I'm always wary starting anew with social networking....

    that's why I love having YOU -- you test it out first. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...